Thursday 28 June 2012

from the road

drove 2100 miles from Oakland, CA to Vancouver B.C. and back in four and a half days.

although roadside America is now mainly walmarts, taco bells and holiday inn expresses, there's still some hope. Oregon is thrifting dynamite and when I wasn't driving 500 miles a day, I was google mapping every thrift store in a 10 mile radius and scouring the racks like a fiend.

there's a Pendleton woolen mill store in Portland, OR where they sell blanket wool wholesale. I died, went to heaven, and then spent $130 on fabric.  Scored big at the Pendleton Outlet in Washougal, WA too and found a men's XS wool blanket jacket for $80.

crashed my rental in a parking lot Springfield, OR but drove the 5 home not giving a fuck because I had full coverage and a trunk full of thrifted treasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment